Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Journal 1

Waking up in the morning on a Saturday at my dad’s house in Cooper City, Florida was the best feeling when I was a little kid. This is mainly because I lived in an awesome neighborhood. We had kids my age up and down the street, so everybody was always doing something active outside on the weekend. We would play touch football games in the middle of the street, hit ground balls to each other for practicing baseball, and at night time we would play man hunt because it wasn’t too dangerous due to the amount of street lights we had on our block.

In our neighborhood we were very fortunate to not have a lot of cars that would come down our street so our games wouldn’t be interrupted too much by the famous two words "car coming". The weather was always perfect because we had a lot of trees that’s branches would shade the street so we wouldn’t get too hot and also when it rained it made for a good shelter at times.

Now hands down the best thing about my neighborhood was that I could open door to our fence in the back yard, walk about six houses down, and be at the local sports complex field, Bill Lips. This place is where I played a lot of my little league baseball, football, and soccer. They had everything there like baseball fields, soccer fields, a football field, and even a play set if you just wanted to go there and hang out. I remember waking up some days and going outside and smelling the fresh cut grass of the fields nearby and I was just ready and pumped up for my baseball game later in the day. It was the best feeling growing up and being able to have all the opportunities that I did in my neighborhood to have as much fun as I was able too.

Word Count: 322

No comments:

Post a Comment